Age Ages 5-10
Duration Approximately 30 minutes
Microorganisms are everywhere around us, but you can’t see them without a microscope. Some of the microorganisms—germs—can be very dangerous.
Youth will learn in this Grab and Go about the spread of germs and how washing your hands with soap and water can prevent this spread of germs.
- 1.L.1 Understand the characteristics of various environments and behaviors of humans that enable plants and animals to survive.
- 2.L.2 Remember that organisms differ from or are similar to their parents based on the characteristics of the organism.
- 3.L.1.2 Explain why skin is necessary for protection and for the body to remain healthy.
- 5.L.1 Understand how structures and systems of organisms (to include the human body) perform functions necessary for life.
- 5.L.3.1 Explain why organisms differ from or are similar to their parents based on the characteristics of the organism.